10 Best Places to Hide Valuables at Home
Burglars have always been around. According to FBI statistics, burglary victims faced a loss of around $3.4 billion in property losses. We can’t prevent burglars from stealing, but we can hide our valuable items and install more security in our house to stop them from coming to our house. That’s why Atlanta Property Inspection gathered this article for you. Throughout this article, we will go through ten different places and methods you can use to hide your valuables and how Atlanta Property Inspection helps. So, let’s get started.
10 Places or Methods You Can Hide Your Valuables With
Let’s see the list of 10 recommended places to keep your valuables:
- Hollow books: If you have a bookshelf with many books, having a hollow book with your valuable items inside will prevent any burglar from quickly stealing.
- Tapes or movies: If you have a VHS tape or movies in your house, just like the book method above, it can be very useful.
- Freezer: if a burglar came to someone’s house, unless they were hungry, the last place they would look is the freezer.
- Toilet Water Tank: One of the weirdest ways you can try to hide your valuables is by placing your valuables in the toilet’s water tank.
- Containers: Have containers around your house and put your valuable item in one of them. Put the containers next to a place where they won’t look suspicious.
- House Plant: Put your valuable items in a waterproof bag or container. Then plant them next to the roots of your plants. Change it once in a while so that the bag or container doesn’t decompose and you won’t lose your items.
- False wall outlet: If you want to go crazy with the precautions, you can place your valuable items inside a false wall outlet. No one would suspect anything.
- Old Suitcases: Putting your valuable item in old suitcases is not as safe as the options above; however, it is much safer than putting them in your drawers.
- Backyard: You can bury your valuable items in the backyard, as we see in the movies.
- Birthday Cards: Lastly, birthday cards to hide your valuable items can be very beneficial since no one will suspect a valuable item hiding under tens of birthday cards.
The Trustworthy Inspection Service at Your Doorstep, Atlanta Property Inspection
This article went over the places you can try to hide your valuables to prevent burglars from seeing them. Preventing burglars from entering the house is a critical step in our security. Home inspection services play a major role in identifying any place the burglar can use to enter the house. So, you would need an experienced inspection service. At Atlanta Property Inspection, our dedication to providing a safe and secure house motivates us to take action every single day. With our experienced home inspectors, modern equipment, and affordable price plans, home inspection has never been this easy. Don’t waste a second. Call us today to learn more about our services and how getting a home inspection can help prevent the burglar from entering your house. What are you waiting for? Call us now.