What Should a Buyer Do During the Home Inspection?
As a buyer, getting a home inspection can provide so many benefits. If you have planned a home inspection, you must know what to do during the process. To guide you through these complicated steps, we have gathered some information. Throughout this article, we will go through the tips for buyers to get a clear home inspection, the parts of the house that are checked, and how Atlanta Property Inspection is checked.
Tips For Buyers to Get A Clear Home Inspection
As a buyer, to get a clear report on the inspection of your potentially new house, you must make sure to follow a few tips. Let’s go over them in this section:
- Ensure all utilities are turned on and the environment is suitable for the inspector to easily reach and have clear access to the necessary systems. These systems include but are not limited to water heaters, electrical outlets, AC units, and many more.
- Have a checklist of where the inspector has inspected. Taking notes in the process will allow you to review them later on and understand if the house has any significant issues. You can also ask for the inspector to check a few other systems they may have missed in the house.
- Listen to the inspector’s feedback. It is recommended for homeowners to ask any questions that they may have in their mind during a home inspection. An inspector will look to see if any structural issues need repairing in the future and provide feedback to potential homeowners.
- Before any inspection, arrive on time and be ready to be given feedback. You can also ask questions about the maintenance of your house's systems.
What Part of the House Is Checked?
The places that are checked in a house can vary according to state laws or the inspection company. However, in this section, we will go over some common systems that many home inspectors check.
- Basement: The basement is checked to see if any moisture causes mold growth and whether the sump pump works properly.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are checked to see if toilets are flushed properly and showers are drained smoothly.
- Kitchen: Do the garbage disposal and exhaust fan vents work?
- Electrical Systems: Is the wiring in good condition? Do all the lights in all rooms work properly, and are there any exposed electrical splices? These are some common questions to ask during electrical system inspection.
- Heating and Cooling Systems: The AC unit is checked to ensure it operates well and has clean filters.
- Plumbing System: The plumbing system is checked to see if visible pipes have any damage and if the water pressure is within the normal range.
Atlanta Property Inspection
If you are looking to get a home inspection as a buyer, you need to contact an experienced service that can help. At Atlanta Property Inspection, we are dedicated to providing quality services to our customers. Call us today to learn more about us and our services.